Skip to content
- Agencies submitting proposals must have an active portrait on GiveRichmond. Please contact Phillip Giaramita at The Community Foundation 804-330-7400 for assistance in creating your agency portrait.
- The foundation awards grants to organizations which are tax-exempt under IRS Section 501 (c) (3) and are not a private foundation as described under Section 509 (a).
- Proposals will be accepted from agencies that directly serve residents of metro Richmond, including Richmond City, Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico, Goochland and Powhatan counties. Proposals from Petersburg area agencies may be accepted on a limited basis pending available resources.
- Smaller, community-based organizations that may be perceived as “higher-risk” and who do not enjoy broad community support are encouraged to apply.
- Grants will not be made to individuals or endowments.
- Grants will not be made to religious, fraternal, or athletic groups if the programs are designed to exclusively benefit its membership.
- Grants for core or general operating support will not receive strong consideration for funding.